Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Why Hello Cybe-Space

As with all things in life, the Inker's have had to face changes.  Change happens, how you respond is the real question.

We can easily give up. Say things are just too hard and its time to end this fun journey. But we are made of tougher stuff than that.

As things go, life has become even busier. Sir-Kirk-A-Lot moved away and started on a Law Degree.  And the rest of us are trying to manage family, sports, jobs, and our dream of a writing career. 

We are celebrating our 4th year together. That is remarkable in my humble opinion.  We've managed to stay together and stay focused.

But like I said at the beginning, things change.  Right now our format is no long a monthly get together laden with rich foods.  Currently we are getting together via Google Hangout.  It is great for seeing everyone (though the web cam angle is terrible for one's self esteem--so not flattering) and using the screen share feature allows us to put our work up so everyone can read along as we share our writing.

So over the years we've changed and we've adapted. And we are still going strong.

Keep writing, keep adapting, and keep smiling.

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah for us! I'm glad that we've adapted with the changes. Thanks for helping revive the blog DJ. Now if I can get my writing mojo back all will be well again. Second day back at work after a fabulous vacation and I need the therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Life has really morphed in the last four years. I can't believe when we started I still had kids in diapers. Now, not so much. They're all in school and I have more time for writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJ, you are a marvel! Sortie and so timely. We are all working on fun projects and I see a lot of great things happening for every Inker.

    I want to shout out to Graham Bradley who has challenged us to do NaNoWriMo in November. It will be good for us all. Also to Ryan Uhrey fellow writer and reader extraordinaire:) Thanks for joining us.

    Keep writing:)

    ReplyDelete