Saturday, May 30, 2009

Italy...Mio Core!

So I was asked today at lunch by my delightful editor coworkers this question: "If you could live anywhere in the world, barring job opportunities and other practical factors, where would you live?"

Perhaps I was quick to answer, but the first thought that came to mind was Italy. Even though I lived in Hungary for a couple years and have been to Alaska (truly one of God's greatest gifts to mankind--and sorry, Texas: Alaska is the biggest state in the Union), Italy came to mind. So now I'm trying to figure out why my subconscious "blink-decision" mind threw Italy out there.

Maybe a top ten list would help.

10: Italy has lots of beautiful beaches.

9: Italy has lots of amazing art.

8: Italy has beautiful countrysides.

7: Italy created pizza.

6: Italy looks like a big boot and not just like a grape juice stain (like many countries of the world).

5. Italians believe there is more to life than working in an office all day.

4. Venice.

3. Opera!

2. Tuscany.

1. Super Mario Bros.

Okay, now I just need to buy my plane tickets...

4 comments:

  1. Super Mario Bros.? I am stifling my urge to mock you right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, I think the Mario Bros. are completely acceptable for a manly, intelligent guy like Kirk. But opera? Now Kirk truly will be mocked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Mario and Pizza are both American. It's been proven by science.

    Kirk, Kirk, Kirk...you gotta go with Spain! Italy may look like a boot, but Spain looks like it's got Portugal in a headlock! We've been waiting thousands of years for that boot to kick something, while Spain's been getting it's hands dirty since El Cid kicked out the Moors!

    Spain has beaches, and art/architecture, and BEAUTIFUL countrysides, a 20-hour work week (that includes overtime), Barcelona, the best swords in Europe, Zaragoza, and Inigo Montoya.

    Don't even ACT like Super Mario could take Inigo Montoya. Super Mario killed Inigo's father. Fill in the blank :-)

    Good list though, my man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, maybe we can move the competition/butt kicking to Wednesday night...I'm up for watching a good brawl.

    ReplyDelete