Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Body

This week I've been thinking about the body--more specifically, my body.

When there is a minor ache somewhere, it is usually ignored. If I have some strange shooting pain in my toe, I'll ignore it until I can't walk anymore. If my eye feels weird, I'll ignore that till I need glasses.

I was raised with a nervous mother. She took my sister in so often for x-rays, the Dr. finally said that my sister couldn't have anymore--she was getting too much radiation. Since I have grown, I've become hesitant to rush to the Dr. Office. I hate hearing, "It's just viral, there is nothing we can do." Which translates to me, "You are a fool for coming here. You've wasted $30."

Then, this week, I got another minor ache, it is more uncomfortable than painful. It is just a little weird. I ignored it for a week and then decided I needed to see someone about it. You see, the reason why I'm rushing for medical help is that the little weirdness is happening in my heart.

The heart is kinda important. People have lived with amputated toes--some have even cut them off themselves. Very few people live with amputated hearts. So I rushed to the Dr. and today I get to have a little monitor attached to me to see what the heck is going on.

So, wish that little monitor luck--its got quite a day of running to do with me!

5 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that all they have to tell you is that you need more Vitamin C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just rip that heart out of your chest. You don't need no stinkin' heart. Be a man! Errr...woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it stabilizes DJ! Doctors are a blessing and a curse. It's all a big guessing game, that unfortnately costs a lot of money. As someone I know always said, it's usually nerves or gas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Deb on this one, DJ--Frankenstein style is SO en vogue right now anyway. And if it's not, it will be, so you could at least be ahead of the curve.

    At the very least, you're one step closer to channeling Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man :-D

    ReplyDelete