Monday, March 1, 2010

Foggy With a Chance of Brainstorm


The morning mind fog. It's that state when we wake up and are surrounded by a cloud of blah. There are many supposed cures for it: caffeine, shower, or exercise, but sometimes the fog won't dissipate, and the morning fog turns into afternoon and evening fog.

That's how I feel today.

Reactions are slower, thoughts illogical, sentences incom...wait, I have to wipe away my space-out drool. Now, where was I?

I'm challenging myself, and all the other mind foggers out there, to make this a matter of brain over mind. Let's turn the fog into a good brainstorm. I really think there is hope. At least that's what I keep telling myself so I don't count the day as a loss.

6 comments:

  1. So glad I'm not the only one with Monday Fog issues. Brainstorming would be a great way to clear the fog. I think I'll work on a story structure for a novel.

    hmmm topic...Michael just said yesterday, "wouldn't it be cool if it rained toys?" Maybe I'll brainstorm a picture book about a world where it rains toys. The pros and cons could be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is definitely what my day has turned into. However, I just listened to "Broken Bride" in full and I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried at the end. "Morning in May" is just so beautiful especially when you listen to it after the other more intense songs like "The Lamb and the Dragon".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you liked "Broken Bride." I told Donna she needs to listen to it. My favorite line in the whole thing is from "Tonight's the Night": "The airbag held you 'til the engine slept, At home your pillow cooled while the willows wept..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh. I love the lyrics from your comment Deb.

    As for brain fogs, I didn't wake with one but I think I'm ending with one. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too L.T. I woke up inspired today and did my writing before work time this morning for a change. Now I'm really glad I did because my brain is way too fried to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Seattle, if the morning started foggy you were happy because that meant the day would be beautiful.

    Yesterday wasn't foggy for me. Steve was home for the first time since last Monday. He's the best cure. But when he is home I don't get a lot of writing done.

    I thought for sure with him home I would sleep better, but i didn't. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete