Friday, February 11, 2011

Will Be Missing Brian Jacques

Sadly, this past weekend brought with it the passing of one of my all-time favorite authors. Not only was Brian Jacques the amazing author of the Redwall series, which I ate up as a fourth-grade student, but he was also the inspiration and spark that contributed to a pursuit of literature and the arts and eventually my profession in publishing.

I owe this man a debt of gratitude and a bon voyage. May you have many grand journeys ahead, you creator of worlds.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to say I haven't heard of him. Sounds like I've missed out. I'll have to check out one of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start with Redwall and it all goes up from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pbs cartoon about Redwall. He always talked at the end about the world he created or abut creating a world of your own.

    He seemed neat, but that could have been his groovy accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fourth grade, huh? I should get those books for Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sad. Redwall is awesome. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete