Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pic-tion-scary


Who thought it was a good idea to put this particular scary faced picture on the guest book for our high school reunion website? Do we look excited to see you? Would you want to log in and leave a friendly comment? Where are the cheerleaders with their fun flips and big bangs?

Before you join this tirade I should probably mention that the girl with the long hair is indeed ah...well...me.
I was shocked (and not in a good way) to see my mug as a welcome mat for the guest sign in page. High School was a great time for me and I had a lot of fun and a lot of friends, but I was not popular or beautiful and obviously I was a little confused at the instant when this particular picture was snapped. Oh well, gotta love the internet and all its horrors.

Still I'm getting a lot of fodder for future stories from this reunion fun. What would you wear to a high school reunion if you HAD to go this year?

5 comments:

  1. For my high school reunion, I would get the best pair of shoes I could find. Great outfit optional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All black. And I would seriously find and beat whoever posted that pic. On a positive note, you will definitely wow them with your current smashing looks by comparison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. Wow.

    It's not even a bad picture when you really look at it. I mean, nothing terrible is happening. It's just that they caught you at a bad moment. (I think you're pretty, Donna. I secretly envy your hair.) And, yes. I would beat them, too, Linda.

    To answer the question, today I would wear jeans and a t-shirt with my Nike flip-flops with my hair in a ponytail. After all, it's what I've been wearing ever since high school. On the other hand, if I was forced to dress up, I'd go with something muted and simple because anything else would look weird on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My black wrap dress. It rocks. And some awesome jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lene. I needed that. I think you could totally sport a red dress a la "Lady in Red." Debbie has some shoes you could borrow if you cut half your foot off. I openly envy her 7 1/2s cause the bigger your feet the smaller the cute shoe selection. Lame.

    Thanks to Linda too. I will beat them if I make it to the reunion. They'll all be available for a beating.

    DJ your black dress does indeed rock.

    Debbie, go with the turquoise zip shoes. They are just awesome. And I'm pretty sure that at this reunion it will not be 'outfit optional.'

    ReplyDelete