Monday, June 6, 2011

Joining The Rejects

Two blogs that I follow posted on rejection today. It must be in the air. Like a heavy rain or a swarm of mosquitos.

The heavy cloud of the rejection bug is a'bitin'.

I've had a few myself recently. But that's okay. I've just put on my waders and slogged through more queries.

52731.6a00d83451b05569e201348601c04c970c-pi.jpg

Nigel Lythgoe, a judge on the TV show So You Think You Can Dance talked about rejection last Wednesday (coincidentally while they were auditioning in Salt Lake City, UT, my home town). He said, "You go to many auditions and you will be rejected. That is part of our lives as a dancer. Why anyone would want to do it, I have no idea."

And from the audience someone shouted, "Because we love to dance."

Well friends, I love to write. And I'll take those rejections, and keep moving forward.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, Deb. It's conference season so the queries are rolling out and the rejections are rolling in.

    I'm sort of glad its not me right now. I'm enjoying the creative (new love) stage of me WIP and looking forward to the roller coaster of querying in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I think my commenting problem has been fixed! I haven't been able to comment for two weeks or so)

    I completely hate and fear rejection. I must overcome. . .
    (Maybe I need to listen to the Peter Paul and Mary song "We Shall Overcome" for confidence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good outlook Deb. I think you are exactly right. The love of writing is what keeps you going. It is a hard thing but a necessary evil on the road to being published, which I think you are totally deserving of. :)

    ReplyDelete