Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pull Over When Drowsy

I saw this sign both coming and going to Utah this last week. I find it interesting and useful to know that this principle is multifaceted, though not as widely accepted as it should be. I mean, what a concept. If you're tired you should sleep, as opposed to driving into the truck in front of you or swerving off into the desert at high speeds. Or, I don't know, when you're sick you shouldactually rest and recover before trying to go on with the heavy lifting of life. Also on that list is writing. Maybe its just me, but I think the person short on sleep, putting in fourteen hour days at work and then coming home to family obligations and regular life is up in the wind if they expect themselves to be writing 3000 words a day as well. Let's take it down a notch. Just ratchet it back a smidge. Get some sleep. Come at it from a different perspective in the morning. And with that...



5 comments:

  1. Me too! I hit a strange bump about a mile back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going too fast to pull over. I'll be the one plowing through the desert at top speeds, having fallen asleep with my foot on the pedal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best part is that it doesn't have to be a long break. Take a twenty minute nap and then you can get back on the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess this means I'm road tripping by MYSELF again >:-(

    ReplyDelete