Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Writing Means Something






Everybody reads for different reasons and the same goes for writing. I think people like diversions and entertainment, me not the least of all, but I also think people as a whole want to be inspired to
be more. So, here is your chance. Make a difference in your communities. Give a little of yourselves. Take a moment to be like one of your favorite characters. You know the one. It just takes a little courage. If you know how to use Google then you've got it made. Here is what you do:

Go to the Google search engine.
Type in " shelters" and then the city in which you reside OR "retirement homes" OR "rehabilitation centers"...you get the idea.
Choose one.
Call them.
Ask them if there is a way for you to help.
Now here's the hard part, but I know you can do it.
Help.

It doesn't have to be a lot, but what you do could change someone's life. And, who knows, you might even get a story out of it.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiring words, Lene. I think we all need a reminder that no man is an island and there is always something we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    I guess it doesn't count to donate my MS to a needy publisher, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, Linda. Don't we all wish!

    ReplyDelete